Art Dump

This is in no particular order, because I've broken my images up between several folders.  This isn't inclusive of everything I've worked on since the last art dump either, as I spent a fair amount of time working on little but Momotaro, and a couple of tutorials have been left out, as they'll be posted later.

I'm currently working on two semi-large scale projects.  One is a daily outfit drawing of myself, that ties in with a personal goal, so there's going to be a lot of that in this post, and probably a HUGE post of that in maybe six months.  The other is a pick 3 character traits character design campaign I'm doing on Twitter and Facebook.  Users suggest three character traits (can be personality or appearances, or a mix) and I draw a character based on those traits.  There's going to be a lot of that in this post, and probably a huge post of that later on.

The remainder is just a lot of Kara stuff.  I'm thinking about doing a series of cards featuring her doing itsy bitsy cute things, and since I'm between projects (kinda sorta), now is the best time to get things like that under way.

I've always been a fan of paperchildren.  Kara, being 7" tall, lends herself to it.




Studies from a Skydoll production book



I've been accused of being anti-fanart.  That's a pretty unfair accusation, I've drawn a lot of Yotsuba and Ayu Yamada over the years.


And maybe a little fanart of my three favorite Sailor Scouts.  I tend to prefer the boy crazy ones.

From here on out begins the Pick 3 entries. "hawkish features, self loathing, retro dressing" from @groundchux

"An overly enthusiastic food lover/gourmet with crazy unkempt hair" from @invPaperclip

"A nerdy kleptomaniac with waaay too much self esteem" @techgerbil

"Adventurous, intelligent, and charismatic" @Aisazia

Multiples!  From the top: inquisitive, asymmetrical, repugnant. @TheJade Prince,  "squishy dumb lump" @frankiesamba, and "Shy, paranoid, panda" @Ceiling_Cow

From the top: "Effulgent,absconder, serpentine" from @sometimealone (by the way, I love GRE words.  Lookin' em up was fun) and "rough, tough, HOT-BLOODED" @ericlide

"precocious, eccentric, paranoid" @TheJadePrince (it took two tries to capture him)

"Weasely, lanky, punk" @Ceiling_Cow

 "inquisitive, terrified, starving."@wigglytype




And hey, a bonus Ceiling Cow!
Lastly, the Momotaro character designs:





Comments

  1. Lovely art dump as usual. I'm glad you posted your other sketches that you did on the 3 characteristics requests. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a good job with those 3 descriptors dealies! I enjoy how you draw people with natural figures. It's fun to see naturally full looking people in cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to say! Sailor Jupiter is also my favorite <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the three traits idea for sketches, and I think you've produced some interesting results. I've done a similar thing with writing, and that's good practice as well, but I'd definitely like to try this with sketching sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad my challenge made it into this art dump post :) That's a very cute "overly enthusiastic food lover/gourmet with crazy unkempt hair". In fact, most of the faces you draw are pretty cute (at least the ones which are supposed to be). You're also very skilled at drawing different clothes, and I particularly like the dresses. It's nice to see a consistent style like that =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment