Fude Pen Review: Pentel Touch Revisited

I've written quite a few times recently about colored pens.  I've had a few disappointments, like the Pure Color F, but I'd also had a few positive experiences as well, such as with the Kuretake Fudebiyori pens.  I think you guys know me well enough by now to know that a couple experiences weren't going to keep me from testing more, and when I found out that the Pentel Touch, a fude pen I reviewed favorably earlier, came in a rainbow of colors, I decided to take the plunge and order the set.

The Pentel Touch is available in a really large range of colors, far larger than the four that were available at Boesner in Berlin.  Jetpens has a twelve color set for $30, many of which looked really promising.

The Pen Set



Also shown are Pilot's Fude-Mikase pens.




The Pens

The Pentel Touch pens are fairly true to the pen body featuring vivid, fun colors in a compact fude pen shape.  My favorites are the purple, dark blue, green, and orange, but they're all really great.  These pens are also incredibly photogenic and feature the same glitter that the black Touch has.



The Field Test





I tested several colors of the Pentel Touch, and found them to perform uniformly, and enjoyed their bright, vivid colors.  The inks are translucent, so you can definitely see the blue influencing the color (particularly with pink and yellow)

The Verdict

The Pentel Touch pens are a fun addition to your fude pen collection, and a great way to get a little color in your sketchbook.  Unless you think you're going to use all 12, I recommend buying what you need individually.

The pouch you see modelled in this post is my very own Cyclops Cutie zippered pouch!  I'll be covering the process of getting these pouches made in an upcoming post about Artscow, but it's available for purchase now in my Natto-shop!  If you enjoy these reviews, and like the pouch, please consider ordering one.

Comments